Friday 12 July 2013

AN UPDATE

Ladies and Gentlemen, this post is a good one... I think. It relates directly to my last post of wanting to challenge myself into changing and so I did something. I have been in London this past few days staying with my brother, Jeff. I've been in and out of the tube over and over visiting with friends and going for a butt load of yummy meals- entire meal of fishy tapas made me super happy. BUT I digress. I have seen on the escalator sides advertisements for the Cancer shine walk. For those of you who don't know the Cancer shine walk is a half or full marathon on the banks of the Thames at night. I kept saying to Sarah 'oh, that'd be a good thing to do in a year or so'.

I got back home today and I did it. I googled, read all about it, signed up, paid my registration fee. I am now, officially taking part in the shine walk. It's only a walking half marathon, but for me is the continuation of a spirit to make activity a part of my life. The same spirit that made me register to park run and look up races that occur throughout the year.

I'm a tad (a lot) nervous that I won't be able to do it. But, with support from my truly amazing team of friends and family, I know that I will be able to do those 13.1 miles. Keep an eye here for more progress.

Tomorrow, look out for 'Fat Acceptance: Yay or Nay?'

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! A touch mad, admittedly, but I feel that way about nearly all good ideas. I'm very, very proud of you and have every confidence that you can pull it off. How long do you have to train?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shinewalk is on the 28th September so a good few months yet. Plenty of time methinks.

    ReplyDelete